Have you heard of the 3rd Annual BlackBerry Developer Challenge? You know, the one where the BlackBerry Partners Fund is putting up over $1.5 million in prizes for the best BlackBerry Super Apps… Well, if you have a great idea for a BlackBerry Super App but need a little help bringing your vision to reality, you definitely will want to check out bitHeads $25,000 BlackBerry Super App Contest. All you have to do is submit your idea for a BlackBerry Super App, and, if selected, receive $25,000 in BlackBerry development services from bitHeads and have your BlackBerry Super App entered into the BlackBerry Developer Challenge.
How to enter and WIN!
1. Dream up a concept for the perfect BlackBerry Super App!
Criteria for a super App, according to BlackBerry includes:
- Provides a user experience that transforms user behavior
- An app that people use daily
- Provides an always-on experience
- Is proactive, notification-driven
- Provides information that is contextualized and personalized
- Seamless experience in or out of cell or wi-fi coverage
For additional details please refer to the Super App Criteria on the BlackBerry Website: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/started/super_apps.jsp
2. Submit your entry via email at email@example.com.
Entries should include:
- Detailed description of the application you want to have built, the functionality, along with any preliminary GUI designs, etc.
- Identify the BlackBerry devices (and versions of OS) targeted for the proposed Super App
- Provide relevant contact information including name, email and phone number
- If applicable, please provide some brief information about you and/or your company and how you came up with the idea.
Interested parties should got to the dedicated landing Page located at http://www.bitheads.com/superappcontest/
It’s so simple… Dream, write/draw and submit to WIN!
- Evaluation and selection of winning application will be based on the application which is felt to best exemplify the features of a Super App for BlackBerry Smartphones
- The Decision Panel will consist of a senior bitHeads mobile designer, a senior bitHeads mobile development manager and a representative of RIM. The winning entry chosen by the panel will be considered final.
- Contest schedule: Applications will be accepted until June 30th 2010. The Winner will be notified by July 8th, 2010.
- Proceeds of the contest ($25,000 Development Credit) are to be applied to the costs of bitHeads developing the application.
- Application development must commence within 1 month of notification of winning contest
Contest winner will own the proprietary rights to the application and may do what they wish once proprietary rights have been transferred. Also, a Non Disclosure Agreement is available to sign, you may find this document on the Contest landing page or here (http://www.bitheads.com/superappcontest/images/NDA.pdf).