Forgive me for the pun, but I just couldn’t resist. The question, however, is a valid one. Will the T-Mobile Dash slow down BlackBerry Pearl sales at all?
T-Mobile unveiled it’s new Windows Mobile powered smartphone yesterday. The Dash has:
- 2.4-inch transflective TFT display
- Quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE
- WiFi and Bluetooth
- 128MB flash, 64MB SDRAM, microSD slot
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- myFaves support
- 960mAh battery (vs 1130mAh on the Moto Q)
- 4.4 x 2.5 x 0.5-inch body (vs 4.57 x 2.5 x 0.47-inches on Q)
- 4.2 ounces (vs 4.06 ounces on Q)
I don’t expect that diehard business users will go for the dash over the BlackBerry because this thing does run Windows Mobile. Consumers, however, who don’t know any better may see the Dash with it’s full keyboard, and more importantly, lack for the need of a BlackBerry data plan, and think that so long as they can get email and take pictures, what’s the difference.