We just got word that, UberTwitter, the most popular BlackBerry Twitter client was just updated from Beta-6 to Beta-7. According to UberTwitter’s website, Beta-7 is mostly a bug fix/stabilization release in anticipation of a substantial Beta-8 release coming later this month.
You can download UberTwitter by pointing your devices browser to http://www.ubertwitter.com/bb/download.php.
The following changes have been made from 0.963 to 0.970
- Java exceptions on device boot – Fixed issue where java exceptions would be reported on device reboot due to lack of permissions
- Opt-out of sponsored tweets – Users can now opt out of receiving sponsored tweets
- Goto User bug fix – Fixed bug where entering a user not in your timeline and then pressing trackball wouldn’t use the text you entered but instead find the closest match from your friends list
- Everyone Near You – Fixed bug where it wouldn’t uses your current location, and sometimes would revert to somewhere off the coast of Africa. Also increased the distance to a 10 mile radius, in the future we will let you select this.
- Mini-Icon Notification – Fixed bug where if the app didn’t have certain permissions not related to the mini-icon, it still wouldn’t show the mini-icon
- Fine-Tuned control of visual notifications – There are now three settings each for the mini-icon and application icon so you can fine-tune the control over how you want each to notify you. Also, the number next to the mini-icon will only reflect the number of new tweets of the type it is tracking. For example, if you only set the mini-icon to track new DMs, then the number next to the mini-icon will only reflect the number of new DMs.
- New short-cut for page-up – Added a new short-cut to page-up in the timeline, pressing ‘0’ (zero) will now page up in the timeline
- Instability when using cell location – Fixed bug that would cause instability in the app when using cell tower location
- 3G Cell Tower Inaccuracy – Fixed a bug in the cell tower location mechanism when 3G towers were being used
- Symbol Screen – Again reworked the symbol screen
- Secure Connection – Changed the default Twitter endpoint so your traffic will travel over a secure HTTPS connection
- Deleting DMs – We now allow you to delete direct messages.
- Constant permissions requests – Fixed bug where every time the app was started it would ask for permissions.