I was just taking a look at the UberTwitter homepage as they have just put up a list of feature enhancements and bug fixes they are adding to the next beta release. You will note that many of the items are already done. Needless to say, UberTwitter beta 2 looks to be very promising.
- Done! Sound/Vib notifications – different profile for new tweets, vice replies
- Seperate Sound/Vib notification profile for new DM
- Done! Manual and/or longer refresh
- Done! Increase screen name field size on Options screen
- Done! Increase GTalk user field size on Options screen
- TRIM battery usage significantly
- Done! Add Direct Messages To and Direct Messages From timelines
- Add View friends
- Done! Add ‘Follow’ to context menu when clicking on @screenname
- Add search
- MUST add BIS support
- Support built-in GPS as option
- Select pics already on device
- Done! Bug to fix – Fonts not resetting on change (need to exit now)
- Done! Add option to not show confirmation dialog after every tweet
- Add shortcuts – T tweet, some key to refresh
- Add thumbnails of pics attached to tweets in the timeline, either from twitpic, or from UberTwitter
- View persons timeline by typing in twitter name
- Add ‘mentions’ to timeline, perhaps as option
- Visual indicator that app is running
- Different indicator on home screen for new tweets, vice replys, vice DMs received
- Fix all bugs!!
UberTwitter is a new BlackBerry Twitter Client that went into public beta last Wednesday. Once they get some of bugs such as battery drain worked out, it arguably may be the best BlackBerry Twitter Client out there.
every time i try to validate my account i get some unknown exception and it won’t let me do nothing…
boo, this looks really nice too.
I actually like uber twitter a lot, but yes there are a lot of bus on it. i was a twitter berry fan but being able to check your replies makes this a more complete twitter app.