Back in November rumors about Research in Motion buying out Palm started to surface but nothing really ever came out of them. I bet after todays news that Mark Nelson, a top Palm shareholder, wants Palm to consider a buyout, the rumors about RIM being a potential buyer will crop up again.
That being said, here are my top ten reasons Research in Motion should buy Palm:
- Palm’s logo is prettier than RIM’s
- Palm has 2 or 3 new models coming out this year for me to speculate incorrectly about in the Rumor Mill.
- Jack Bauer from 24 uses a Treo.
- I will look like a genius for buying all that Palm stock right before the Treo 700w was officially announced.
- Just to hack off all the BlackBerry traditionalists that think the company would crumble if they ever offered a device with a digital camera or removable memory.
- RIM has all that money that money laying around that they thought they were going to have to settle with NTP with. They may as well do something with it.
- I cannot run my SlingBox from my 7130e.
- We can go back to calling our BlackBerries Palm Pilots.
- We would have more than enough content for that new “What sucks about RIM” section on RIMarkable.
- BlackBerry Connect for the Treo may actually get released.