FierceMobileIT has put together a list of the Top 10 BlackBerry Apps for the Mobile Worker. It is a good mashup of both free and premium apps and we thought we should share.
- Call Time Tracker — Call Time Tracker is a completely free app designed to help business professionals who account for their time to bill more hours, recover costs, and save valuable time. [Free]
- Nice Office — Nice Office turns your BlackBerry into a virtual mobile office. Manage your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. Store forms and documents online and send them directly to your customers. Track sales and lead activity by workflows and status levels. Create custom sales fields and record sales activity. Manage all of the information needed to keep on top of your business. [Free]
- Exgis Expense Tracker — Exgis Expense Tracker is an easy-to-use productivity tool that lets you track your expenses from your BlackBerry® smartphone as soon as they are incurred. Further, track your expense entries against clients, projects, locations, and for international travelers, even foreign currencies. Export your expenses from your BlackBerry smartphone to a spreadsheet and send it as an email attachment to your office or save it to your computer for future reporting. [$4.99]
- Personal Assistant — Personal Assistant makes it easy to keep track of spending by listing the status of all your online accounts on just one page… [Free]
- Poynt — Use Poynt to find people, businesses, movie theatres, retailers and restaurants near you. Poynt uses GPS or cell-site locations to pinpoint you and quickly deliver the information you need whenever and wherever you need it. [Free]
- WorldMate Live — WorldMate Live is the #1 service for business travelers. It makes your BlackBerry a powerful tool putting all needed travel resources at your disposal. [Free]
- DriveSafely — DriveSafe.ly reads your text messages and emails out loud so you can concentrate on the road. Eliminate the temptation to reach for your phone by letting DriveSafe.ly read to you and automatically respond for you. [Free]
- Ascendo DataVault — Ascendo DataVault stores confidential information like Credit Card numbers, usernames, passwords, PINs, etc. on your BlackBerry and Desktop using AES, the most powerful encryption available. [$29.95]
- File Manager Pro — File Manager Pro is a file and Zip archive manager for your BlackBerry that allows you to open, create, extract and append to Zip archives that are today’s de facto standard for distributing compressed files. [$4.99]
- UberTwitter — UberTwitter is a full featured location aware Twitter client which supports all of the features of Twitter as well as advanced capabilities such as: photo integration, embeded videos in tweets, tweet shrinking, URL shortening and a plethora of other features.
Don’t forget ProOnGo Expense with Receipt Reader — we take the typing out of expense tracking. Link your mileage, time, and receipt based expenses right into QuickBooks Online, or use our Excel, fax-from-phone, csv, or XML reports.
I’d like to submit that this list is missing what we’ve seen over the last 9 years as the major app for small business and the “mobile professional” – Pocket Informant, the #1 third-party PIM (yes, we can prove it, its not just hype – sales and awards can be shown) on BlackBerry.
Version 2.00 is a huge upgrade and is in public beta here: