Research in Motion is working a really cool, free, service for BIS BlackBerry users that will aid them if they ever misplace or have a BlackBerry stolen as well as with remote backup and recovery. The service is called BlackBerry Shield, and, we believe these to be the first images of BlackBerry Shield to hit the web.
BlackBerry Shield features include:
- Remote Device Wipe – in case of loss of the terminal, just log in to BB Shield to remove all data from the device and / or memory card.
- “Lost & Found” Screen – you can customize the sentence on the screen to display that the BlackBerry is lost and show any information about the content (i.e. “take me please”).
- The ability to remotely set the password on the BlackBerry
- A loud bell alarm – useful option, even if you’ve lost your BlackBerry (at home) – once you’ve activated this option, your BB will ‘behave’ loud sounding an alarm, which will hopefully prompt a passerby (or yourself) to pick up your lost BlackBerry.
- Tracking capability – based on the GSM transmitters and / or GPS position that is constantly monitored in the BlackBerry unit, and there may be the possibility of seeing it on the map (like Google Maps) from the BB Shield dashboard.
- Backup – create wireless backup and restore, which can be set automatically exercise in the given time intervals
We aren’t sure when BlackBerry Shield will become available, however, we expect that it will be a pretty popular service once it does.
See more images over on BBNews.pl