Episode #116 of the SMRpodcast, A Phone With Ebola, is online and ready for download. This week we had a full cast, in studio, as I made a road trip to the mobile gadget lair, also known as Chris’ office.
There wasn’t a lot of mobile tech news over the last week but we did talk about the Facebook IPO, PC ultabooks that look an awful lot like the MacBook Air, and, if anyone will actually buy the brand new BlackBerry Curve 9320 which only runs RIM’s old (current) BlackBerry OS.
We’ve got all this, our picks, and, more in this week’s episode…
Check us out!
Download the MP3, subscribe via RSS, or, check us out on iTunes…
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigcashley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Chris is back from his trip
- Robb is in studio this week
We talk about the Facebook IPO and who is buying it
- Robb says that he is definitely getting a few shares of their stock
- Rod said he put his order in already
- Chris says that he is going in with Rod
There are a few Ultrabooks that released some that look like MacBooks
- Chris talks about an ultrabook that he recently played with
- Rod says that he is holding out for a Windows 8 tablet
- Robb says that he is looking at a Google tablet
BlackBerry Curve 9320 Announced
- Rod asks Robb why is RIM releasing a new device on the heels of announcing BlackBerry 10
- Robb says this move makes no sense to him
- Chris is wondering if they are doing it for enterprise vs. consumer
Some quick hit topics
- Chris talks about AT&T and the Samsung Focus 2 and their new home automation
- Rod asks Chris about their exclusive apps announcement
- We talk about the $99 dollar Xbox
Picks of the Week
- Instagram for Android / FlipBoard for Android (Android Social Apps) Robb Dunewood (RIMarkable)
- Apen A5 Smartpen (Writing Pen for iPad) Rod Simmons (SimpleMobileReview)
- Prototype 2 for Xbox (Xbox Game) Chris Ashley (SimpleMobileReview)
I love the podcast but the hate for BlackBerry is kinda played. Every user has a phone that fits him or her. Every phone/tablet has something that sucks about the device. Rocking two phones/tablets=your phone/tablet isn’t all that? Besides the hate for BlackBerry, you guys are very informative. Keep up the great work!
I’m glad you listen despite the occasional BlackBerry bash… If there is ever anything BlackBerry specific you would like covered on the show, drop me a note…
Fellas, ya’ll should have your own show on XM or something and open it up to all tech. I used to listen to Mario Armstrong daily but he went to weekend only show.
I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but, how do I put this on my BlackBerry Torch 9850 so that I can listen to it in my car. I am not a techie at all, but, enjoy listening to you guys.
On your BlackBerry you should have an application named Podcasts. (It may be inside your media folder).
All you have to do is open up Podcasts, click on Add Podcast Channel, enter in “SMRpodcast.com/showfeed” without the quotes, and click on Subscribe.
The most recent episode of the SMRpodcast will automatically start to download to your device….
Thanks Bruh… I didn’t even know I had that on there.
BlackBerry Podcasts is really good app that a lot of people don’t know about.