Episode #105 of the SMRpodcast, It’s Not An Attack, is online and you can listen to it right here on the web player, or subscribe to it via iTunes or RSS.
This week we talk a lot about the release of BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0, and, I give my first impressions at RIM’s second stab at at a tablet operating system.
We also getting Google Privacy issues, and a few new Windows Phone devices slated to hit store shelves soon..
- Recorded: February 21st, 2012
- Published: February 22nd, 2012
- Duration: 01hr 16min 00sec
- Rod Simmons @RodSimmons
- Chris Ashley @bigcashley
- Robb Dunewood @RobbDunewood
- Rod talks about why he missed some big announcements today
- Chris still gives him a hard time
We talk about the BlackBerry Playbook Version 2.0
- Robb says that he was able to install it and liked what he saw do far
- Chris says he really likes the remote control feature
- Rodd is considering switching back to the PlayBook
We talk about Google circumventing users privacy
- Chris recaps the issue of Google tricking IE and Safari into accepting third party cookies
- Robb says that a company that has so many free services will do whatever to make money
- Rod help explains how wrong Google’s position is
Microsoft releases a video showing off new SkyDrive features
- Chris talks about the new features demoed in the video
- Robb says that he would love a service that could hold all his files
- Rod says the new integration looks a lot smoother
- Two New Windows Phones leaked out
- Netflix Brings Back $7.99 DVD Only Plan
Microsoft video against Google Apps
SkyDrive integration video
Picks of the Week
- Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus HD (Playbook Game) Robb Dunewood (RIMarkable)
- Book I am number four and Lync 2010 for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone Rod Simmons (SimpleMobileReview)
- Gooroovster (WP7 Google Music App) Chris Ashley (SimpleMobileReview)
Rod, I think… (whoever the host is). Turn the gain down in your mic and you won’t have to worry about enunciating everything so much. Your words won’t run together so much.
Thanks for the Tip. I will turn the gain down. Thanks for listening.