Episode #40 of the SMRPodcast is up and ready for download. This week we talk Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 7, and Windows Phone 7…
Listen Now: [podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/simplemobilereview/did-you-call-me-fat.mp3[/podcast]
Hosts: Rod Simmons, Chris Ashley, Robb Dunewood
Recorded: October 12th, 2010
Published: October 13th, 2010
Duration: 1hr 16min 0sec
SUBSCRIBE FOR AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS
Instructions to subscribing to podcasts
Windows Phone 7 has been officially unveiled
- Chris drank two Red Bulls for the show
- Robb says that he still doesn’t care (at least until he get’s a phone)
- Rod says he is impressed with the amount of news Microsoft was able to put out.
- Rod asks Brent how fast is he going to download it
- Brent says that the Model is so broken he won’t use it
Windows Phone 7 device lineup
- Rod asks Chris which Phone 7 device he wants
- Robb says that Chris is getting two phones
- Chris confirms that Robb is right
Blackberry falls in line with the UAE
- Robb asks was this ever in doubt
- Rod says that they had to do it
- Chris is wondering why they don’t have more servers globally in the first place
Google Creates a car that drives itself
- Rod says that the tech is really cool
- Robb breaks down what’s in it for Google
- Chris thinks Robb nailed it
Here is the BlackBerry App force the radio back on after a low battery turns it off
PICKS OF THE WEEK
- Black & Decker PI400AB 400 Watt Power Inverter ( DC to AC Inverter ) Chris Ashley (SimpleMobileReview)
- Kensington PowerBack Battery Case for iPad with Kickstand and Dock (Power Pack for iPad) Rod Simmons (SimpleMobileReview)
- Energizer EnergiStick 250 KeyRing Charger for BlackBerry ( Power Pack for BlackBerry) Robb Dunewood (RIMarkable)
I LOVE my Stom2. I’m at upgrade time and there’s no VZW Blackberry out there for me to upgrade to.
And now the next Storm won’t have “SurePress”. Man i don’t know what I’m going to do. I’ve played with the other touch screen devices out there and none of them compare to the “SurePress” logic of: press = do.
I think all the Storm haters are nuts. If Apple had come out with the “SurePress” tech, everyone would love it and every phone maker would be trying to copy it.
Just to be fair, I admit that the Storm2 is NOT perfect. It need help with the OS load time, not enough memory, terrible browser, and all around lag time (would a faster processor and more memory have been to hard?).