We just wanted to remind everyone that there is a scheduled maintenance tonight (tomorrow morning) that will leave North American BlackBerry users without BIS access for about four hours as RIM upgrades to BIS 3.0.
Details after the jump…
- There will be scheduled network maintenance by Research In Motion (RIM) affecting BIS customers between 0100 CT / 0200 EDT on March 28th and 0500 CT / 0600 EDT on March 28th.
- Blackberry will be performing a BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0
- BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages using their BlackBerry hosted email account or integrated third-party email accounts, view email attachments, activate email service, or request to see “”more”” text during the maintenance.
- Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to create subscriber accounts or provision services for subscribers.
- The estimated duration of impact is 4 hours and affects 100% of BIS customers.
I GUESS its done? No noticeable changes in the email setup app on device…
I know on some BIS upgrades you had to erase your account and add it back. Do we have to for these changes to take affect or was it automatic?