Five GPS-powered productivity tools, formerly only available on Nextel Assisted-GPS handsets, are now available for the BlackBerry 7520.
The productivity tools include:
- ArcSoft Comet Tracker — which uses GPS to locate and track workers, maintain electronic timesheets, and dispatch tasks
- Corrigo Connect — a wireless web-based work-order and dispatch management solution for service organizations with installation, maintenance and repair operations.
- Gearworks Etrace — which provides electronic time sheets and GPS-fleet maps to optimize field service operations.
- IT2ME Silver, Gold & Platinum — which are GPS-based wireless business solutions that allow customers to track and monitor valuable assets and employees.
- Xora GPS Time Track — an application that combines employee hours, job/work order management, GPS location tracking and barcode scanning capabilities.
These applications, which are an extension of services previously available on Nextel Assisted-GPS (A-GPS) handsets, enable users to locate and dispatch workers; manage work orders; process electronic time sheets; and monitor assets directly from their BlackBerry 7520(TM) handheld devices. Moreover, these location-based services (LBS) can complement existing sales force management applications, such as Salesforce.com, making BlackBerry(R) an even more powerful business tool.