The Amazon Kindle and eBook readers in general where a big hit this holiday season. eBooks actually outsold real books for the first time and I believe this will be a trend that continues. As convenient, however, as reading a book on a device like the Kindle is in comparison to physical books, there are times when you simply won’t have your Kindle with you. This is one of the reasons that I think, like the Kindle for iPhone app, Kindle for BlackBerry will be a big hit.
- Get the best reading experience available on your BlackBerry. No Kindle required
- Access your Kindle books even if you don’t have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device
- Search and browse more than 390,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers.
- Find New York Times Best Sellers and new releases for $9.99, unless marked otherwise
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device
- Kindle newspapers, magazines, and blogs are not currently available for Kindle for BlackBerry
- Kindle for BlackBerry is available to U.S. customers only
We don’t have a definitive date when Kindle for BlackBerry will be available, however, you can sign up to be notified once it is here.