Just this passed Tuesday Research in Motion announced the availability of BlackBerry Web Signals, which leverages BlackBerry push APIs to enable content providers to push information to BlackBerry users via web apps.
It didn’t take long for RIM and several of their partners to offer a taste of what they were talking about to BlackBerry users.
Ronen from BerryReview just happened to notice some of the new goodies on the mobile.blackberry.com this morning.
- NYTimes.com Bits Blog Notifier – Learn about news & analysis as it happens with NYTimes.com Bits Blog Notifier. With news & analysis on the tech industry through the day from NY Times writers & freelancers.
- Accuweather.com – Get free constantly updated forecasts pushed to your BlackBerry smartphone. View radar, 10-day & hourly forecasts & severe weather alerts.
- Reuters News Web Signals – Get breaking news with Reuters Web Signals on your BlackBerry smartphone. As news breaks, the Reuters icon changes & sends you to the story.
- FOX News Alert – Be the first to know when news breaks. Download FOX News Alert & get instant alerts to breaking news directly on your BlackBerry Smartphone®.
- CBC – Receive the day’s top headlines and breaking news with the innovative CBC web signal for BlackBerry smartphones
- Thumbplay Web Signal – Get content releases from Thumbplay. The Thumbplay icon sends you to BlackBerry compatible content like music, ringtones, games, videos & more.
You can check these Web Singnals services out on your BlackBerry or your PC here…