The free Dictionary.com app for BlackBerry delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com including more than 500,000 terms, definitions, and synonyms. The app also features phonetic and audio pronunciations, spelling suggestions and Dictionary.com’s popular Word of the Day that is enjoyed by millions of people.
Additionally, Dictionary.com app for BlackBerry allows integrates with the email app on your device so you can use it when you are composing a message. That alone makes it worth the download.
Additional features listed after the jump…
- Dictionary.com – Access the most comprehensive, up-to-date dictionary available online with more than 325,000 word definitions and spelling suggestions
- Thesaurus.com – Search the award-winning online version of Roget’s 21st Century Thesaurus with more than 275,000 synonyms
- Phonetic & Audio Pronunciations – Hear pronunciations of words with a simple press of the audio button
- Dictionary.com Word of the Day in English and Spanish – Learn a new word every day with definitions and real examples from published writings through this popular Dictionary.com feature that is enjoyed by millions each day
- Recent History – View an editable list of recently searched words
- Social Networking Function – Email or SMS text any word and its definition to yourself or others right from the app
- Email Integration – Exclusive to this app on BlackBerry smartphones, users can instantly access a synonym or definition while reading or drafting an email
Dictionary.com app for BlackBerry is supported on pretty much every BlackBerry with a track ball or track pad. Hopefully we will see a version for the BlackBerry Storm soon…