We just heard that Bolt, the free mobile web browser that acts kind of like a desktop browser, just came out of private beta into public beta and that a brand new release is now available to all for download.
Here is a list of some of Bolt’s features:
- Fast, secure, desktop-style web browsing on both high-end and low-end handsets
- Streaming flash video capabilities
- WebKit rendering engine offers high standards compliance
- Support for XML, ATOM and RDF formats of RSS feeds
- Split screen and full screen modes for easy navigation and viewing
- Intuitive keystroke shortcuts for easier navigation and content selection
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for secure access to web pages
- Server filtering to protect users from spyware and other malware
- Certificate error notification
- Easily add and select favorites and view browsing history
- Ability to clear history and cookies
Bolt is a free BlackBerry download that you can try out for yourself here.
[Via BlackBerry News]
It may be out of private beta, but it still shows a form to request to join the beta after hitting download.
Was is this bolt browser what’s the difference between the blackberry browser
When I used this browser with the bb storm flash did not work. And it wasn’t that fast.
Its stiil a beta. Why would you publish this story without checking first?
Read the post… He said that it was still beta
I will try it right away!
I found this browser to be more of a headache than anything. Installed it on my curve 8330, tested it, works fine but is not any faster than the standard browser as claimed. Also the scroll movement was very twitchy as if trying to move a cursor on a low memory computer screen. The only upside I have found so far is that I can actually run two seperate browsers at once which could possibly come in useful during some situations I have encountered before. I will keep it around awhile and see if it grows on me………or not.
thanks for this, i cant find this on torrent!