Research in Motion, Cingular, and Palm have recently announced the availability of BlackBerry Connect for the Palm Treo 650. The long awaited software update allows non-BlackBerry devices to send and receive Push based corporate email via BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
The availability of BlackBerry Connect on the Palm Treo 650 represents a marriage of two very popular wireless offerings that now gives Cingular customers more choice, said Michael Woodward, executive director, mobile professional solutions, for Cingular Wireless. Businesses can now leverage their existing BlackBerry Enterprise Server while giving employees a powerful, new wireless device option.
BlackBerry Connect for the Treo 650 includes the following features:
- Push Corporate Email delivers messages automatically — and wirelessly — to the Treo 650s inbox. Changes to the inbox, including read/unread status and deletion, can be automatically synchronized between the users email account and the Treo 650.
- Wireless Calendar Synchronization keeps the Treo 650s built-in Calendar up to date remotely, allowing users to receive, accept or decline meeting requests on the go.
- Attachment Viewing lets users view Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and PDF documents in original format.
- Remote Address Lookup (RAL) allows users to search their corporate directory wirelessly for email addresses without the need to download every name to the Treo 650.
- Enables centralized device management, including support for IT policies such as over-the-air device disablement and password device lock, as well as end-to-end security with Triple DES encryption.
Read the full Press Release…