Attention BlackBerry Bold 9700 users… There is another BlackBerry 6 leak, OS 188.8.131.520, online and ready for download if you are looking to upgrade your device to BlackBerry 6. No word on the stability of this build, so, as always, install at your in risk and make sure that you have a good backup of your device before you do…
You can download OS 184.108.40.2060 for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 from:
Downloaded .380 yesterday. Here’s how I find it:
-memory leak is stable
-signal is better (although .358 has good signal reception but this is much better)
-the browser is very quick… Far better than .358 especially on 3G. (I haven’t tried it yet on wi-fi)
-battery life seems worse here, maybe because it has a faster browser. But there’s no jumping from 40% to 10%
-carried the worse bug on manage connection (when you click the top of the screen but not on the applications menu)
-some 3rd party applications won’t run on this version. For instance, on this version pac-man don’t work. It says “sorry, your license could not be verified” although it works fine for me when I’m using os 6 .358
-the cursor bug on sms/bbm is still here
*this may not be a great upgrade but I’m still thankful for RIM’s effort to make this os 6 stable for our 9700. Although I’m happy with the upgrade…I have to admit I am not satisfied. Hope you won’t get tired of what you were doing. Many thanks
After 4 days of using os 220.127.116.110. Here’s how I find it.
Although the browser is faster here than .358. I believe .358 is a better os than .380 in the overall performance. Here’s why;
-.358 is more stable than .380 in terms of batterry life
-using universal search on .380 is a bit laggy. Try to type something on the universal search and you will see that that there was a delay on .380. But I don’t experience that in 358.
-clicking the manage connection on the top of the screen, I experienced more often the bug of losing the cursor when you scroll down in .380 than .358
-more memory remains in the flash memory and even on RAM in the .358 version
I think I discovered a way to get rid of the few bugs on following issues on os 18.104.22.1680
– on manage connection when you click on the top part of the screen when after clicking it downward the cursor suddenly disappear and never comes back again unless you click escape ang then click the manage connection again. (This scenario never happened to me again now no matter how fast I scroll down no matter how many times
-no more memory leak now. (If ever there will be it would be very minimal very minimal. The biggest would be 2mb)
-battery issues is fixed. Battery becomes stable now unlike the first few days. I’ve been using it for 10 hrs now of heavy use. (Browsing, emailing, I.M) but still up to now I still have 70% battery power remaining.
-able to download large pages now. For instance, engadget… I am now able to download this without a prompt that says “the page is too large…”
-before my free ram was about 20-30 mb during the first few days of experience with os .380 but now using the same os .380 my ram is at 84+mb
*please understand, what I discovered was pure accident with some guts. So I’m not sure if this would also happen to your fone if you do what I did. My intention was to help and if you think what I did would not help, then don’t follow it. I’m just trying to share what I discovered that I believe make my 9700 with os 22.214.171.1240 becomes a perfect device for os 6. I will upload a video as a proof of what I wrote above was true. Together with how I manage to solve these os 6 issues on this site. Please stand by.
@deepblue 3, im slightly confused , im having the same problem, i installd the offical vodafone update. .380 and still mem leak is constant and so is the battery leak, wt did u do to fix some bugs, if u could explain, i wud be greatful .
Hi there millz!! I now upgraded my os to a more stable hybrid. Don’t worry its very easy to do. And I’m pretty much sure you will love your bold 9700 even more when you succed. Although it would take time to do this, the effort is nothing when you made it. You would surely enjoy. I believe I was the first one to do this although I’m not a techie type…I am adventurous…that leads me to have this wonderful hybrid by accident. Here’s how to;
-I am now using os 126.96.36.1994
-combined it with supremeBG v3
How to combine this 2 successfully:
(Back-up your 3rd party app on BBSAK and back-up your data on desktop manager then wipe your device using BBSAK before you start the installation)
1. Download os 188.8.131.524 and install it on your pc
2. Download supremeBG v3 installer then run it. Make sure you install it on os 184.108.40.2064 because it was set to install on os 220.127.116.118. (Just redirect the supremeBG v3 to os 18.104.22.1684 you will see it inside the installer before the installation actually start)
3. Go to app loade. Delete vendor xml, then run loader.exe
4. When it is done you will see on the ABOUT you are running os 22.214.171.1248. And check the modules loaded on your fone that you already have a hybrid os. (Actually, this is already good unless you wanted to have a youtube app on your device)
5. Restore 3rd party app on bbsak, and restore data on desktop manager)
6. Now, for the final upgrade. Go to download and run again os 126.96.36.1994 (when your alredy inside, it will prompt you whether to repair or remove the device software. Click repair..until it finish installing.
7. Now go to apploader again, make sure to delete vendor xml again. Then run loader.exe.
8.A prompt will appear to automatically backup your device. Make sure you click it.
9. Check the application you wanted to install. Click youtube (if you want this app)
9. When it is finish, you will see now that you have os 188.8.131.524 on the about. And you will see on the application manager below the application written “supremeBG v3”
10. Check the modules (click menu when you are in the application manager then click modules) you will now see that the modules installed were combinations of os 184.108.40.2065 and os 220.127.116.114)
11. There is a possibility that your bbm will prompt you that there is a missing cod “907” (I’m not so sure if its 907, but it is something like that) but don’t worry you just delete your bbm and then download bbm v18.104.22.168 on your browser (check the net for downloading blackberry messenger 22.214.171.124)
12. Give it 12hrs to settle. And you will have the best os available on your fone. (Do a couple of battery pulls after this)
You might like to know how this hybrid os went on my device. Here’s how it is;
-the fastest browsing experience on os 6
-wifi connection is superb!!
-large pages can now be loaded. Try full page of “engadget”
-contact pictures on bbm appears almost instantly (although I only have a few bbm friends)
-copy/paste no problem
-calendar is perfect
-and many more… Just try it for your self. And you would surely love it.
(If you still have questions, just pin me…22A15758 and I will help you as much as I can) goodluck!!
Hi guys, I just updated my BlackBerry 9700 Bold to OS 126.96.36.1990 but now it is frozen anytime also the blackberry messenger. Can anyone help me to solve this issue?
Thanks in advanced.
Oh I 4got to mention. You don’t wipe your device again when you do procedure 6.
And additional to my experience with this hybrid:
-more or less 120mb remains on application storage. After I restored my 3rd party applications and data. I still have 112mb free.
Here’s my 3rd party application
-pacman by namco
-one touch sms
-one touch email
(I also have an updated version of bb app world and bbm,ym)
Hope this help. Goodluck