We just heard that Pandora for BlackBerry has been updated to version 1.1.6 and now includes AppLink synchronization with Ford SYNC. I know 3 or for people that have gotten new cars with Ford Sync within the last year, and, to a person, they all raved about how great Ford SYNC, and now, with version 1.1.6, BlackBerry users can wireless stream Pandora over their car stereo.
BlackBerry Internet Radio
Everyone’s favorite (arguably) Internet radio app for the BlackBerry, Pandora, has been updated to version 1.1.5. New features include universal search for BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry 6.
Download Pandora for BlackBerry v1.1.5 here…
I’ve been a huge fan of ESPN Radio for Android ever since it came out back in July and I am happy to report that ESPN Radio for BlackBerry is now available. Listen to over 20 live ESPN stations, 35 podcasts of popular shows like Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption, and On-Demand Sport Center updated every 20 minutes.
ESPN Radio for BlackBerry costs $2.99 and you can pick it up on BlackBerry App World…
Slacker Radio is putting out the rapid fire version upgrades. I thought that I was downloading version 3.0.458, however, they had already updated to 3.0.459.
You can pick Slacker Radio by heading to http://www.slacker.com on your device.
My favorite BlackBerry Internet radio application, Slacker Radio, has been updated to version 3.0.451 here in the States and now includes wireless station caching.
Slacker Radio 3.0 features include:
- Updated interface
- Faster application startup time
- Significantly smaller application size
- Improved touch interface for BlackBerry Storm
- Greatly improved battery life
- New settings menu options
- Tabbed info view for lyrics, reviews and biographies
We just heard that Pandora Internet Radio for BlackBerry has been updated from version 1.1.3 to version 184.108.40.206. This update seems to be more of a patch / bug update as no significant new functionality was added.
According to the change log, 220.127.116.11 …
- Fixed hanging on startup for some listeners (with no error message popping up even after waiting several minutes)
- Fixed problem with tracks occasionally ending early (in the last 30 seconds of the track)
Pandora for BlackBerry is a free BlackBerry download and you can pick it up on BlackBerry App World, or via the link below directly from your BlackBerry browser.
Download Pandora Internet Radio 18.104.22.168
FlyCast, an internet radio service with over 1500 channels of music, news, sports, and weather, has released v2.0 of its software for the BlackBerry.
FlyCast 2.0 for BlackBerry features include:
- 3 Plays/30Days –Cached content is maintained in the context of the station and can be kept for a maximum of 30 days or three plays, whichever occurs first;
- In-Application Purchasing – Users can purchase tracks with the click of a button from within the application, even after the song has been broadcast;
- Twitter integration — Users can Tweet or “recommend” songs they like from FlyCast. Links are then posted to their Twitter account and followers can click on the link from any Twitter reader and be immediately taken to that station and hear the entire song.
You can download FlyCast 2.0 for BlackBerry here.
Read the press release after the jump…
Slacker, personally my favorite among the streaming internet radio applications for BlackBerry, is now being pushed to BlackBerry Storm devices automatically. Slacker and Verizon have worked out a deal in which Verizon will push Slacker Personal Radio for BlackBerry out to all Verizon BlackBerry Storm users. This special version of Slacker connects to V Cast and will allow users to purchase and download the songs they are currently listening to directly to their BlackBerry Storm.
With the largest music library of any personal radio app, Slacker Radio makes your BlackBerry Storm smartphone the ultimate music player,” said Jonathan Sasse, senior vice president of marketing at Slacker. “By integrating with V CAST Music, Slacker listeners will now have the ability to easily purchase music as they listen to their favorite stations.
Read the full press release after the jump…
A New version of Pandora Internet Radio for the BlackBerry was released today. Verision 1.1.0 adds a host of new features including stereo AAC over your wireless connection and not just your Wi-Fi connection like in older versions.
Features and bug fixes include:
- Significantly better audio quality over mobile network – now using stereo AAC+ (HE-AAC) for both Wi-Fi and mobile connections
- Listener preference option to select “High” quality stream over mobile network or “Normal” for slower connections. Both are stereo.
- Create Station screen now has auto-complete functionality as you type
- Added user preference option to enable or disable station auto-start
- Moved “Log Out” from main menu into Options screen, it now shows the currently logged-in username
- Visual overlay when changing volume; easier to see actual volume level
- Application will check for correct application permissions on startup, and offer to set them to appropriate values if required
- You can now get to the “Options” screen from the menus of both the Station List screen and the
- Now Playing screen
- Reduced download size of app by about 30-40%
- Fixed stream resume problem on some Storm devices after being interrupted by a system alert (phone call, SMS, email, etc)
- Fixed bug where Wi-Fi capable devices without a SIM card or data plan were not able to use Pandora over Wi-Fi
- Fixed reports of “low volume” settings not being low enough – the lower volume settings now go as quiet as possible before being muted
- Fixed bug where album art may not have been displayed for some tracks
- Mute button should now properly sleep the device when holding it down
Pandora Internet Radio for BlackBerry is a free BlackBerry download and you can get simply by visiting www.pandora.com from your device.