Today at the Mobile World Conference 2014 in Barcelona, BlackBerry unveiled it’s new Flagship BB10 device. According to the press release, this new smartphone will bring back that classic track pad which will be fully integrated. This will be a full QWERTY keyboard device also rocking the latest version of the BlackBerry 10 OS and will also feature the familiar Menu, Send, End and Back buttons as well. The image above is not the official device pictured as this is just a concept of what the Q20 might look like.
Mobile World Congress 2014, Barcelona – Embodying feedback from its millions of passionate QWERTY customers around the world, BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today unveiled a new flagship smartphone designed to deliver its full and distinctive QWERTY experience on BlackBerry® 10. The new BlackBerry® Q20 smartphone will feature the familiar and classic ‘Menu’, ‘Back’, ‘Send’ and ‘End’ buttons and the integrated track pad to enable the fast efficient navigation and one-handed use that has endeared the brand to its QWERTY customers.
“In my first 90 days on the job, I consistently heard from our ardent BlackBerry customers that the hard buttons and track pad are an essential part of the BlackBerry QWERTY experience, that made their BlackBerry smartphone their go-to productivity tool. I want these customers to know that we heard them, and this new smartphone will be for them,” said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO at BlackBerry. “Today, we’re delighted to announce the new BlackBerry Q20 smartphone, which is designed to give you the distinct experience that every BlackBerry QWERTY loyalist and high-productivity business customer absolutely loves. With the BlackBerry Q20 smartphone, you’ll get the familiar hard buttons and track pad that you want, along with the best email service, the best keyboard experience and the best battery life possible.”
The new BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will give customers the familiar workflow, efficiency and one-handed use that distinguish the BlackBerry QWERTY smartphone experience. Key features will include:
· The ‘Menu’, ‘Back’, ‘Send’ and ‘End’ buttons and track pad will be made an integral part of the device and user interface, enabling fast, precise navigation and a natural workflow within and between apps.
· The new smartphone will feature BlackBerry’s patented QWERTY keyboard design with frets and sculpted keys for the best typing experience.
· The best email service including features like BlackBerry® Hub, where you can access all your messages in one place, and enterprise connectivity with BES10.
· The BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will include a generous 3.5” touchscreen, the largest display yet on a QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone, giving you more space for viewing messages, browsing Internet and intranet sites and accessing other apps.
· The smartphone will be crafted from premium materials and designed for reliability and durability.
· A large battery to provide superior battery life.
The BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will come with the latest enhancements in BlackBerry 10 that continue to set the brand apart as the best and most secure tool for mobile productivity and reliable communications. The new smartphone will be available in the second half of 2014. Further details on pricing and availability will be announced at launch.
For more information about BlackBerry 10, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberry10OS.
Image via BBM Channel C00019CAE