Chances are that you’ve already heard about BlackBerry App World, however, in case you haven’t, it is supposed to be something like, and I use the term “like” loosely, Apple’s App Store.
App World is definitely not a one-stop shop for all all the BlackBerry applications you could ever want on your device and, quite honestly, I don’t know that it ever will be, however, here are, in my opinion, 5 things that could immediately improve BlackBerry App World and make it a bit more useful.
- Create A Tag For All Free BlackBerry Applications — I know that the purpose of App World is for Developers and RIM to be able to sell BlackBerry Applications, however, free apps will be downloaded overwhelming more so than paid apps and not give users a way to quickly and easily search for free apps is annoying.
- Offer $0.99 Downloads — Charging 300% 3x as much for your cheapest downloads than the App Store, which you are trying to emulate, was simply a brilliant idea… Not!
- Make App World Accessible To Desktop Browsers — Let me buy on my computer and send a link to open up the OTA download to my BlackBerry.
- Improve App World’s Search — It is truly quite bad…
- Provide Exclusive Titles — Offer a few BlackBerry Applications, that you can get only on App World.
I can certainly think of more than 5 things that would immediately make BlackBerry App World better, however, I figure that I will leave that for the comments.
If you don’t already have App World installed on your BlackBerry, point your devices BlackBerry Browser to http://www.blackberry.com/appworld to get it.