Rumor has it that Research in Motion could release as many as 6 new BlackBerry devices before the end of the year. It would appear that handset designers at RIM clearly follow the Mantra stick with what works. Out of the 6 devices listed to be coming out in the 2nd half of 2010, 1 maybe 2, do I actually find interesting.
The BlackBerry rumored to be coming out are:
- BlackBerry 9800 Slider “Talladaga” — August
- BlackBerry Curve 9300/9300
- BlackBerry Bold “Atlas”
- Touchscreen BlackBerry Bold 9900 “Onyx Delta”
- BlackBerry 9670 Clamshell “Oxford”
- Touchscreen BlackBerry Curve “Dakota”
The next BlackBerry that I buy personally will be a full touchscreen device on Verizon. Doesn’t sound like any of these devices fit the bill, however, the BlackBerry Bold 9800 Slider and the BlackBerry Bold 9900 sound kind of interesting.
[Source: RBC Capital Markets]