I have to admit that it is not very often that I actually spend money buying BlackBerry applications. It’s not that there aren’t a lot of really good BlackBerry applications out there, however, one of the perks of writing a BlackBerry blog is that developers often send you evaluations of their software so that you can review it.
That being said, I recently spent $10 on BerryReader, the most awesome Google Reader client for the BlackBerry that I’ve ever seen, and, it was worth every penny.
I have well over 500 feeds that I track daily in Google Reader. I actually leave Google Reader open and running in a Google Chrome Window all by itself just because of the amount of time that I spend reading feeds each day. BerryReader is the first Google Reader client for the BlackBerry that I’ve actually been able to use effectively while on the go and keep up with all of the feeds that I track daily.
Like I said, BerryReader for BlackBerry is an awesome, awesome Google Reader client for the BlackBerry, however, you don’t have to take my word for it check it out for yourself. BerryReader offers a Free Trial!
BerryReader for BlackBerry Features include:
- Access your All Items, Starred Items, Shared Items, a single feed or a single folder for reading
- Automatically update in the background every 15, 30, 45 minutes, 1 or 3 hours
- Manage (add/remove) subscriptions from your device
- Quickly toggle an article’s Starred, Like, Unread and Shared labels or edit the article’s tags for later filtering.
- Read the current list even while offline, changes to labels and tags will be cached and automatically synced when network coverage is regained
- Get notified whenever new articles are available (Includes custom LED color support through BerryBuzz)
- Integrates into the device’s messages list showing a BerryReader item whenever new articles are available
- Easily switch between viewing of all or unread items only
- Choose between compact and full article list layout and black on white or white on black color scheme
- Automatically load thumbnails and full images for every article (Fully preload for offline viewing or when needed to conserve bandwidth)
- Load 10, 20, 35, 50 or 75 items at once into the list. Load more items into the list by clicking the ‘more’ link at the end of the list.
- Articles are automatically marked as read when opened
- Mark all items in the current list as read with a single command
- Swipe left/right on an article header to mark read/star the article (touchscreen devices only)
- Hover over an article to open a shortcut popup for easy changing star/like/tag of an article (touchscreen devices only)
- Fully optimized and compressed synchronization to keep your data usage at a minimum
- Optimized for minimum memory and battery usage
BerryReader for BlackBerry costs $9.95 in the RIMarkable Store. You can pick it up or check out the free trial from the link below.