Pandora, arguably the most popular internet radio application for the BlackBerry (personally like Slacker a little better), has been updated to v1.1.7. Unfortunately, there is no change log. If you notice any differences let us know via the comments.
Research in Motion has been working on a radio discovery app for the BlackBerry, and, later today, they will unveil it to select BlackBerry Beta Zone users in the United States. The new application is called BlackBerry Radio and the beta version will put multiple mobile radio services at your fingertips with no set-up and no cost for the beta user beyond their standard data plan costs.
BlackBerry Radio is not a traditional radio app, but instead works with multiple radio apps to make the process of finding and listening to radio on a BlackBerry® smartphone quicker, easier and more integrated by presenting a sampling of services from some of our most popular partners.
Key features of BlackBerry Radio include:
- Access popular internet and terrestrial radio services like Slacker, Pandora, Clear Channel, and Corus in one place
- Quickly browse genre-based radio stations
- Enjoy seamless integration with your BlackBerry smartphone for quick and easy access to BlackBerry radio partners and the Amazon MP3 storefront
- Just start rockin’! No set-up required
- Try premium radio apps within BlackBerry Radio for free
Head over to Inside BlackBerry to get more information on BlackBerry Radio. In order to join the beta you must be a member of BlackBerry Beta Zone, live in the United States, and own a BlackBerry Torch 9800 , Bold 9780, or Style 9670.
Myxer, the somewhat popular MP3 music service has just launched Myxer MP3 for BlackBerry and touts a catalog of over 2 million tracks. If you are a Myxer user, Mxyer MP3 for BlackBerry is probably an application that you may want to check out. If you aren’t a Myxer user you should probably check out, Slacker Radio, Pandora, or even iHeartRadio, as they seem to offer a better experience in my opinion…
Download Myxer MP3 for BlackBerry
We just heard that Pandora Internet Radio for BlackBerry has been updated from version 1.1.3 to version 184.108.40.206. This update seems to be more of a patch / bug update as no significant new functionality was added.
According to the change log, 220.127.116.11 …
- Fixed hanging on startup for some listeners (with no error message popping up even after waiting several minutes)
- Fixed problem with tracks occasionally ending early (in the last 30 seconds of the track)
Pandora for BlackBerry is a free BlackBerry download and you can pick it up on BlackBerry App World, or via the link below directly from your BlackBerry browser.
Download Pandora Internet Radio 18.104.22.168
The popular BlackBerry internet radio client, Pandora Radio, has been updated to version 1.1.2 and now works on the BlackBerry Storm and BlackBerry Storm2.
The version on BlackBerry App World hasn’t been updated with the new release, so, if you want to check it out, head over to www.pandora.com directly from your Storm or Storm2 BlackBerry Browser.
A New version of Pandora Internet Radio for the BlackBerry was released today. Verision 1.1.0 adds a host of new features including stereo AAC over your wireless connection and not just your Wi-Fi connection like in older versions.
Features and bug fixes include:
- Significantly better audio quality over mobile network – now using stereo AAC+ (HE-AAC) for both Wi-Fi and mobile connections
- Listener preference option to select “High” quality stream over mobile network or “Normal” for slower connections. Both are stereo.
- Create Station screen now has auto-complete functionality as you type
- Added user preference option to enable or disable station auto-start
- Moved “Log Out” from main menu into Options screen, it now shows the currently logged-in username
- Visual overlay when changing volume; easier to see actual volume level
- Application will check for correct application permissions on startup, and offer to set them to appropriate values if required
- You can now get to the “Options” screen from the menus of both the Station List screen and the
- Now Playing screen
- Reduced download size of app by about 30-40%
- Fixed stream resume problem on some Storm devices after being interrupted by a system alert (phone call, SMS, email, etc)
- Fixed bug where Wi-Fi capable devices without a SIM card or data plan were not able to use Pandora over Wi-Fi
- Fixed reports of “low volume” settings not being low enough – the lower volume settings now go as quiet as possible before being muted
- Fixed bug where album art may not have been displayed for some tracks
- Mute button should now properly sleep the device when holding it down
Pandora Internet Radio for BlackBerry is a free BlackBerry download and you can get simply by visiting www.pandora.com from your device.