Pandora, arguably the most popular internet radio application for the BlackBerry (personally like Slacker a little better), has been updated to v1.1.7. Unfortunately, there is no change log. If you notice any differences let us know via the comments.
Research in Motion has been working on a radio discovery app for the BlackBerry, and, later today, they will unveil it to select BlackBerry Beta Zone users in the United States. The new application is called BlackBerry Radio and the beta version will put multiple mobile radio services at your fingertips with no set-up and no cost for the beta user beyond their standard data plan costs.
BlackBerry Radio is not a traditional radio app, but instead works with multiple radio apps to make the process of finding and listening to radio on a BlackBerry® smartphone quicker, easier and more integrated by presenting a sampling of services from some of our most popular partners.
Key features of BlackBerry Radio include:
- Access popular internet and terrestrial radio services like Slacker, Pandora, Clear Channel, and Corus in one place
- Quickly browse genre-based radio stations
- Enjoy seamless integration with your BlackBerry smartphone for quick and easy access to BlackBerry radio partners and the Amazon MP3 storefront
- Just start rockin’! No set-up required
- Try premium radio apps within BlackBerry Radio for free
Head over to Inside BlackBerry to get more information on BlackBerry Radio. In order to join the beta you must be a member of BlackBerry Beta Zone, live in the United States, and own a BlackBerry Torch 9800 , Bold 9780, or Style 9670.
We just heard that Pandora for BlackBerry has been updated to version 1.1.6 and now includes AppLink synchronization with Ford SYNC. I know 3 or for people that have gotten new cars with Ford Sync within the last year, and, to a person, they all raved about how great Ford SYNC, and now, with version 1.1.6, BlackBerry users can wireless stream Pandora over their car stereo.
Word on the street is that BlackBerry devices have been flying off of the shelves in droves since the official start of the holiday shopping season last week, and, one thing that we know folks with new BlackBerry devices like to do is load them up with great BlackBerry applications. That being said, here is our list of, in no specific order, 10 of the greatest BlackBerry applications of all time.
- Google Maps – You will be hard pressed to find any type of top ten BlackBerry apps list that doesn’t contain Google Maps. We know that the native BlackBerry Maps has been recently updated, but, Google Maps is simply an application every BlackBerry user should download.
Download Google Maps: http://m.google.com/maps
- Poynt — Poynt is one of those all-in-one location based search utilities that help you find just about anything that you are looking for locally at the click of a button and it recently one the BlackBerry Super Apps Developer Challenge.
Download Poynt for BlackBerry: http://m/poynt.com
- Tether – Tether allows you to use your BlackBerry as a broadband modem so that you can get your laptop (PC or Mac) onto the internet without incurring a monthly fee from your carrier. This app is awesome…
Download Tether: http://www.tetherforblackberry.com
- Pandora — There is a lot of debate when it comes to the best Internet radio app available for the BlackBerry, however, Pandora is always in the discussion. It simply works and it’s free.
Download Pandora: http://www.pandora.com/blackberry
- BlackBerry Messenger – BlackBerry Messenger is, hands down, the best mobile Instant Messaging application available on any device. There are people who buy BlackBerry devices stating, “I want that phone that I can do BBM on”… BlackBerry Messenger may actually be the greatest BlackBerry application of all time.
Download BlackBerry Messenger: http://www.blackberry.com/bbm
- Facebook for BlackBerry – I know that a lot of people will question Facebook for BlackBerry making a greatest BlackBerry applications list, but, it hard to leave off the single most downloaded BlackBerry application of all time.
Download Facebook for BlackBerry -- http://www.blakberry.com/facebook
- WorldMate – If you are anything close to a road warrior and many BlackBerry users are, WorldMate is must install application. Even if you only travel occasionally, WorldMate is a BlackBerry app you may want to check out. With over 5 million road warriors using the app, WorldMate is the best travel assistant that I’ve ever seen.
Download WorldMate: http://www.rimarkable.com/worldmate_live
- SocialScope – Although SocialScope has been in the longest private beta that I have ever seen, over two years, it is widely regarded as the best 3rd party Twitter/Facebook client available on the BlackBerry.
Download SocialScope: http://www1.getsocialscope.com/
- BerryWeather — When it comes to weather applications for the BlackBerry, BerryWeather, a.k.a. BeWeather on BlackBerry App World, stands above the rest. BerryWeather offers instant access to current conditions plus detailed 7-day and 24-hour forecasts for over 72.000 locations worldwide.
Download BerryWeather: http://www.rimarkable.com/berryweather
- BerryBuzz — BerryBuzz is a BlackBerry alerts and notifications application on steroids giving you the ability to create custom led colors for almost any event, set repeating alarms, and even vibrate and ring simultaneously when you get incoming calls.
Download BerryBuzz: http://www.rimarkable.com/berrybuzz_download
Myxer, the somewhat popular MP3 music service has just launched Myxer MP3 for BlackBerry and touts a catalog of over 2 million tracks. If you are a Myxer user, Mxyer MP3 for BlackBerry is probably an application that you may want to check out. If you aren’t a Myxer user you should probably check out, Slacker Radio, Pandora, or even iHeartRadio, as they seem to offer a better experience in my opinion…
Download Myxer MP3 for BlackBerry
We just heard that Pandora Internet Radio for BlackBerry has been updated from version 1.1.3 to version 184.108.40.206. This update seems to be more of a patch / bug update as no significant new functionality was added.
According to the change log, 220.127.116.11 …
- Fixed hanging on startup for some listeners (with no error message popping up even after waiting several minutes)
- Fixed problem with tracks occasionally ending early (in the last 30 seconds of the track)
Pandora for BlackBerry is a free BlackBerry download and you can pick it up on BlackBerry App World, or via the link below directly from your BlackBerry browser.
Download Pandora Internet Radio 18.104.22.168
The popular BlackBerry internet radio client, Pandora Radio, has been updated to version 1.1.2 and now works on the BlackBerry Storm and BlackBerry Storm2.
The version on BlackBerry App World hasn’t been updated with the new release, so, if you want to check it out, head over to www.pandora.com directly from your Storm or Storm2 BlackBerry Browser.
A New version of Pandora Internet Radio for the BlackBerry was released today. Verision 1.1.0 adds a host of new features including stereo AAC over your wireless connection and not just your Wi-Fi connection like in older versions.
Features and bug fixes include:
- Significantly better audio quality over mobile network – now using stereo AAC+ (HE-AAC) for both Wi-Fi and mobile connections
- Listener preference option to select “High” quality stream over mobile network or “Normal” for slower connections. Both are stereo.
- Create Station screen now has auto-complete functionality as you type
- Added user preference option to enable or disable station auto-start
- Moved “Log Out” from main menu into Options screen, it now shows the currently logged-in username
- Visual overlay when changing volume; easier to see actual volume level
- Application will check for correct application permissions on startup, and offer to set them to appropriate values if required
- You can now get to the “Options” screen from the menus of both the Station List screen and the
- Now Playing screen
- Reduced download size of app by about 30-40%
- Fixed stream resume problem on some Storm devices after being interrupted by a system alert (phone call, SMS, email, etc)
- Fixed bug where Wi-Fi capable devices without a SIM card or data plan were not able to use Pandora over Wi-Fi
- Fixed reports of “low volume” settings not being low enough – the lower volume settings now go as quiet as possible before being muted
- Fixed bug where album art may not have been displayed for some tracks
- Mute button should now properly sleep the device when holding it down
Pandora Internet Radio for BlackBerry is a free BlackBerry download and you can get simply by visiting www.pandora.com from your device.