Because I use my BlackBerry for business I often receive calls from numbers that I don’t recognize. The problem with this is that it seems like 20% or more of the calls that I get from unrecognized numbers are from telemarketers. It may not seem like a big deal at first, but, telemarketers tend to call during peak hours which means that you end up paying every time you pick up the phone, say not interested, and hang up. If this happens just a few times per day, it can really cost you on your minutes by the end of the month.
PrivacyStar from First Orion is a call blocking and reverse number look-up application for the BlackBerry, and, in my opinion, one the best solutions for stopping telemarketers from calling your BlackBerry.
PrivacyStar features include:
- Report offenders to authorities directly using PrivacyStar
- Block unwanted callers from your call log menu or enter numbers manually
- Block private or unknown callers
- Block Exchanges
- On demand PrivacyStar caller identification
- Fully integrated with your PrivacyStar.com portal
- Keep track of how many PrivacyStar calls you’re receiving
PrivacyStar is a premium BlackBerry application, however, First Orion offers a no strings attached 7-day free trial to any BlackBerry user who wants to test it out. To get the free trial for PrivacyStar, all you have to do is enter your email address which First Orion will use only to send you the OTA download link. PrivacyStar is a pretty slick BlackBerry application and you should probably check it out.