We just told you a couple of days ago about a the leaked version of OS 188.8.131.52 making the rounds for the BlackBerry Tour. We are now happy to report that Verizon has officially released OS 184.108.40.206.
OS 220.127.116.11 is definitely available via BlackBerry Desktop Manager and we hear that a wireless update will be available shortly and that it will appear on Verizon’s BlackBerry Software Updates page.
There is a change log, compiled by BGR, of what’s different in OS 18.104.22.168 after the jump.
- Improved MMS notifications
- Improved Visual Voice Mail app
- Improved sound quality for Bluetooth headsets and voice calls
- Fixed geo-tagging error in the camera application
- Fixed an error with DRM music skipping
- Improved video player
- Added BlackBerry Messenger update notifications — check for new BBM updates automatically or manually.
- Fixed an issue with device restarting after activating morning alarm
- Fixed an issue with memory cleaning and sluggishness
The first character is no longer duplicated when dialing from the
- Your smartphone may not have detected headset removal, causing it
to remain connected to a disabled headset.
- When prompted to add an email account in the Setup Wizard, your
smartphone may have jumped to “Bluetooth® Setup,” leaving you
unable to navigate back to email setup.
- If you tried to save changes to a contact that only contained a
company name, you may have received the error message “Contact
updated externally. Changes will be lost and the view closed.”