Episode #116 of the SMRpodcast, A Phone With Ebola, is online and ready for download. This week we had a full cast, in studio, as I made a road trip to the mobile gadget lair, also known as Chris’ office.
There wasn’t a lot of mobile tech news over the last week but we did talk about the Facebook IPO, PC ultabooks that look an awful lot like the MacBook Air, and, if anyone will actually buy the brand new BlackBerry Curve 9320 which only runs RIM’s old (current) BlackBerry OS.
We’ve got all this, our picks, and, more in this week’s episode…
Check us out!
- Chris is back from his trip
- Robb is in studio this week
We talk about the Facebook IPO and who is buying it
- Robb says that he is definitely getting a few shares of their stock
- Rod said he put his order in already
- Chris says that he is going in with Rod
There are a few Ultrabooks that released some that look like MacBooks
- Chris talks about an ultrabook that he recently played with
- Rod says that he is holding out for a Windows 8 tablet
- Robb says that he is looking at a Google tablet
BlackBerry Curve 9320 Announced
- Rod asks Robb why is RIM releasing a new device on the heels of announcing BlackBerry 10
- Robb says this move makes no sense to him
- Chris is wondering if they are doing it for enterprise vs. consumer
Some quick hit topics
- Chris talks about AT&T and the Samsung Focus 2 and their new home automation
- Rod asks Chris about their exclusive apps announcement
- We talk about the $99 dollar Xbox
Picks of the Week