It would appear that Research in Motions 2012 road map will consist of a couple of new BlackBerry 7 running Curves, a new PlayBook with HSPA+, and 2 new BlackBerry 10 devices, the BlackBerry London and a full QWERTY keyboard plus touch screen addition to the BlackBerry Bold line.
Here’s what BGR had to say about it:
- RIM plans to introduce two new Curve smartphones within the next few months: the BlackBerry Curve 9230 and the BlackBerry Curve 9320. The 9230 will be an EDGE smartphone and the Curve 9320 will be an HSPA device.
- While we don’t have confirmation on the size, we have heard that RIM will introduce a new PlayBook tablet with 1.5GHz processor, built-in HSPA+ 42Mbps cellular data support and NFC around May or June.
- RIM’s BlackBerry London is still on track for a September launch.
- There is now another BlackBerry 10 smartphone in the works that will launch as part of RIM’s Bold series. The phone features a touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard, and it is planned for a December release.
- A QWERTY slider running BlackBerry 10 has been talked about for the first quarter of 2013.
This list, of course, isn’t etched in stone and there may be a few minor changes, however, this is probably a pretty good indication of what RIM will have coming out this year.