It was just last month that Fandango updated their BlackBerry application and today they have launched a Mobile Ticket program that goes by the same name which allows you to buy a ticket and have it delivered to your mobile device in the form of a mobile tag… err… a QR-code type 2D barcode. Instead of having to go to the ticket counter to pick up a paper ticket, simply whip out your mobile device and allow the ticket taker to scan it directly from your device.
A special scanner is required to scan Mobile Ticket barcodes which is why Fandango has only rolled the service out to 8 cities from at the start.
Fandango Mobile Ticket is available at the following locations:
- New York: City Cinemas 1, 2 & 3, Angelika Film Center, East 86th Street Cinemas, Village East Cinema, Beekman Theatre, The Paris Theatre.
- New Jersey: Manville 12 Plex.
- Houston: Angelika Film Center.
- Dallas/Plano: Angelika Dallas; Angelika Plano.
- San Diego: La Mesa Grossmont Center, Clairemont Town Square Stadium.
- Bakersfield: Valley Plaza 16.
- Sonoma County: Rohnert Park 16.
- Hawaii: Ward Stadium, Kahala Theater, Kapolei 16, Mililani Stadium.