Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 has been been available in BlackBerry Beta Zone for nearly a month, and, it looks like it is going to be released to all in BlackBerry App World sometime tomorrow, Tuesday, July 26th.
New features in Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0:
- Facebook Chat – Facebook Chat is fully integrated with BlackBerry smartphones, so users can start a conversation within the Facebook app or right from the message list on their device. Users never need to worry about missing a chat message since they’ll be notified of new chat messages even when they’re not using the Facebook app.
- Brand New User Interface – Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones features a sleek new design which includes a new navigation grid, a notifications bar that borrows from the BlackBerry 6 “Today View” which summarizes all Facebook notifications, Messages, Friend Requests and Chats all in one handy location, and enhanced profile viewing.
- WiFi Support – Users can stay connected with friends and enjoy the full functionality of the Facebook app for BlackBerry smartphones while in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Core Integration – Facebook for BlackBerry is integrated with the BlackBerry message list, BlackBerry Contacts app, BlackBerry calendar, BlackBerry browser, and is now also integrated with BBM.
- Redefined Notifications – Users will now be notified of polled items (notifications that aren’t delivered through BlackBerry push technology), such as ‘Likes’ and Event Wall posts.