Over the weekend Dropbox released a new version of Dropbox for BlackBerry, version 1.0.34, which contains “a bunch of bug fixes“.
Dropbox for Blackberry 1.0.34 changes include:
- saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
- handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
- open-edit-upload usecase wasn’t working for devices with encryption enabled
- share link freezes for some users
- open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
- “would you like to allow logging” dialog shouldn’t appear on first launch
- on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn’t happen)
- app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
- app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
- music/video stops when screen fades out
- user gets a “not enough room to write file” message when trying to open a file that’s already open in docs2go
Dropbox is a cloud base file storage and synchronization service which recently released a client for the Blackberry. I personally use and recommend Dropbox. Being that Dropbox is free, you can’t beat the price.