BlackBerry Messenger 5 is now officially available from Research in Motion. You can pick it up over on BlackBerry App World, or, download it OTA by visiting http://blackberry.com/messenger from your device.
BlackBerry Messenger 5 features include:
- Personalize BlackBerry Messenger with a display picture
- Add friends by scanning barcodes or sharing PINs
- Share pictures, videos, voice notes and more with multiple contacts at once
- Create groups of friends, family or colleagues and instantly share calendars, lists, conversations and updates
- See what your friends are listening to by viewing their song titles
- Organize conversation lists by date
- Send and receive text messages
- Back up and restore your contact list
If you have a BlackBerry running OS 4.5 or higher, BlackBerry Messenger 5 is definitely worth picking up. I fully expect it to jump to the number one spot on App World’s most downloaded apps within a few days at most.