Research in Motion and Rogers Wireless today announced the release of the BlackBerry 8700r available November 29th in Canada. The 8700r is the second release of the BlackBerry 8700 series and comes a little over a week after the launch of the BlackBerry 8700c in the United States.
BlackBerry 8700r features include:
- Dynamic, highly responsive experience when viewing attachments and graphics, browsing the web and running applications
- Access up to 10 supported business and/or personal email accounts
- Integrated attachment viewing for popular file formats
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) allows you to combine text and images on a single message
- Bright, high-resolution screen provides large viewable workspace and includes intelligent light sensing technology to automatically optimize screen lighting levels for ideal indoor and outdoor viewing
- Built-in speakerphone for hands-free dialog and convenient conference calls with excellent sound quality
- Bluetooth® hands-free headset and car kit support
- Polyphonic and MP3 ring tones can be assigned to your contacts
- Ergonomic, full QWERTY keyboard for a familiar typing and data entry experience
- Large, dedicated “Send”, “End” and “Mute” keys, plus user definable convenience keys.
- 64 MB of memory
- Intel® PXA901 processor at 312 MHz
- Quad-Band network support on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS and EDGE networks allows for international roaming between North America, Europe and Asia Pacific